On July 24th No Man’s Sky Next will launch as a free update for everyone who owns the game. On behalf of myself, and the team at Hello Games I just want to say – Thank you. We are so excited to have made Next, and to continue to improve and develop No Man’s Sky, because of you, the community who play, explore and share this universe with us. It means so much to us.
Hello Games, an indie development team based in the United Kingdom, released a new trailer today revealing the first look at multiplayer gameplay in No Man’s Sky. The new mode will be added to the limitless procedural universe across all platforms next week via the No Man’s Sky NEXT update, coinciding with the game’s launch on Xbox One, in a publishing partnership with 505 Games for physical retail.
With this launch, players across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam for PC will be able to explore, fight and survive with friends as they voyage across the vast celestial sandbox. Catch a glimpse of all the all-new experience here.
Upcoming content featured in the trailer includes:
New Multiplayer Mode
• Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
• Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
• Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
• Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
• Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul
• Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
• Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
• Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
• Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building
• Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
• Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
• Architect and own multiple bases
• Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
• Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
• Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
• Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge
Nearly two years ago our small team of friends, with a shared love sci-fi, opened up the universe of No Man’s Sky for the first time. It was an innovative, weird and at times lonely game. I loved that, it reminded me of the science fiction books I grew up with.
This is an incredibly important update for us, but it’s also just another step in a longer journey, and we’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.
No Man’s Sky launches on Xbox One on Tuesday, July 24 in North America and Friday, July 27 in Europe. 505 Games will distribute the physical Xbox One version worldwide. For more information about No Man’s Sky and the upcoming NEXT update, please visit: nomanssky.com
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the Gaming Monk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.