At the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) “Next Horizon Gaming” livestream event at E3 today, President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su unveiled the company’s next-generation PC gaming platform, bringing new levels of performance and efficiency and introducing powerful features for gamers everywhere, based on the new AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors.
The AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are built on the new AMD RDNA gaming architecture to deliver superior visual fidelity, lightning-fast performance and advanced features to power the latest AAA and eSports titles. The new product family also includes the 50th Anniversary Edition AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card that commemorates the company’s 50th anniversary by offering increased clocks and a luxurious gold accented shroud featuring Dr. Lisa Su’s signature.
The 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ desktop processors deliver leadership performance across gaming, productivity and content creation applications, offering more performance-critical on-die cache than ever before. Today, Dr. Su previewed the latest addition to the product family – the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X, the world’s first 16-core mainstream desktop processor.
“We’ve made significant technology bets to push the envelope on high-performance computing and give gamers the hardware they need to power the experiences they want,” said Dr. Su. “Our industry-leading Ryzen 3000 Series desktop processors and Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards combine leadership design, performance, technology, and efficiency to provide the ultimate gaming experiences. From super-fast frame rates, to new levels of visual realism and image quality, or the ability to easily create, capture and share gaming experiences, PCs featuring our new Ryzen processors and Radeon GPUs offer exceptional performance and features for every gamer at every price point.”
“Seventy percent of PC gamers today are using three-year-old or older graphics hardware1 that lacks the necessary horsepower and capabilities to deliver fully immersive, high-fidelity and high-performance gaming experiences,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. “Our new Radeon graphics cards with RDNA redefine what’s possible in 1440p gameplay, delivering stunning visuals, amazing performance and industry-leading features to take gaming experiences to the next level.”
Superior 1440p Gaming
The AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards include several powerful new features and capabilities to deliver superior 1440p gaming experiences, including:
- Ground-breaking RDNA gaming architecture – Built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, RDNA was designed to power the future of PC, console, mobile and cloud-based gaming for years to come. It features a new compute unit design optimized for improved efficiency, and a multi-level cache hierarchy designed to provide reduced latency, higher bandwidth and lower power. It also includes a streamlined graphics pipeline that is optimized for performance-per-clock and high clock speeds.
Delivering up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock2 and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt3 compared to the previous-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, RDNA provides the computational horsepower to enable thrilling, immersive gaming by enhancing explosions, physics, lighting effects and more, and by delivering fluid, high-framerate gaming experiences.
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Restores clarity to in-game images that have been softened by other post-process effects. RIS combines with GPU uspcaling to provide sharp visuals at fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays, and works across DirectX® 9, 12, and Vulkan® titles.
- FidelityFX – An open-source developer toolkit available in the coming weeks on GPUOpen that makes it easier for developers to create high-quality post-processing effects that make games look beautiful while offering a balance of visual fidelity and performance. FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS) that draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines. Developers plan to integrate CAS into a number of popular games, and Unity Technologies plans to integrate it into its real-time 3D development platform.
- Radeon™ Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, Radeon™ Anti-Lag improves competitiveness by decreasing input-to-display response times by up to 31 percent4, delivering an experience similar to higher framerates.
- Extreme refresh rates – RDNA enables DisplayPort™ 1.4 with Display Stream Compression (DSC) to deliver extreme refresh rates, color depth and resolutions up to 8K HDR at 60Hz or 4K HDR at 144+ Hz on cutting edge displays, including the world’s first monitor to support DSC: the new ASUS Republic of Gamers 43-inch monitor previewing at E3. The new monitor is capable of delivering 4K HDR at 144Hz with a single DisplayPort™ 1.4 cable.
- Largest gaming display ecosystem5 – With over 700 supported monitors to choose from, gamers can enjoy stutter-free, tear-free gameplay with AMD Radeon FreeSync™6 and Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology7.
The 7nm Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, RX 5700 and the 50th Anniversary Edition Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics cards are the first gaming graphics cards to support the PCIe® 4.0 interface. Additional product specs include:
|GPU||Compute Units||Stream Processors||TFLOPS||Memory (GDDR6)||Base Clock||Game Clock||Boost Clock||SEP|
|Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 50thAnniversary Edition||40||2560||Up to 10.14||8||1680||1830||Up to 1,980||$499|
|Radeon™ RX 5700 XT||40||2560||Up to 9.75||8||1605||1755||Up to 1,905||$449|
|Radeon™ RX 5700||36||2304||Up to 7.95||8||1465||1625||Up to 1,725||$379|
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.