While players were waiting in anticipation for season 9 to drop, it seems Activision has just added the ‘Days of Summer Event’ as part of The Forge season 8, to the game on July 28. The limited time event allows players to earn cosmetic rewards including the Purifier – H20 skin, a water-based skin for the Purifier Operator Skill that douses your enemies with water like a giant toy spray gun rather than in flames.
Much like the previous updates players would need to complete 12 tasks listed below to unlock these cosmetic rewards.
- Play 3 Juggernaut Matches
- Play 10 Juggernaut Matches
- Select the Highrise map in MP-Featured and Kill 15 Enemies on it
- Select the Highrise map in MP-Featured and Play 5 MP Matches with Friends on it
- Kill 30 Enemies in Juggernaut Matches
- Stay Online for 15 min in total
- Stay Online for 30 min in total
- Stay Online for 45 min in total
- Stay Online for 60 min in total
- Play 3 Gunfight Matches
- Send 5 XP cards to Friends
- Play 5 Kill Confirmed Matches
Though the tasks themselves aren’t that difficult and can be completed in a single session, Activision has released five tips to help players complete these challenges.
Top 5 Tips for Days of Summer
- I am the Juggernaut- It may be easier to get 30 enemies in Juggernaut matches while being the XS-1 Goliath rather than a regular soldier. Try to get the suit early and dominate your competition… Or take it easy, as you have to also complete 10 matches anyways to knock out two other challenges.
- Friends in High(rise) Places- Consider tackling the “Kill 15 Enemies” on Highrise challenge while also playing with friends to take out two challenges in (theoretically) one session.
- Gunfight and Kill Confirmed- These two new-er modes are some serious fun; it’s okay if these challenges are your excuse to play them, because you’ll find out exactly why so many players love them in Mobile!
- Time Keeps on Slippin- Remember to take healthy breaks while playing – you can easily knock out the “Stay Online” challenges in no-time without needing to pull an all-nighter (or all-dayer).
- Friends Forever- If your friends don’t already have Call of Duty: Mobile, now is a great time to invite them. That way, you can send them some XP Cards and play some Highrise matches, which takes care of two of those challenges.
Though there isn’t an end date to the event it can be assumed that the event may end by late August. But you might wanna be ready as season 9 is just around the corner.
Players will also have a chance to earn many other rewards including SMRS- Barrier Reef, Frag Grenade- Water Festival, CODM Credits, and more by just playing the game during this event.
Click here to participate in tournaments and catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports. While you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.