Apex Legend’s Season 2 is live with a massive 16GB Patch which features a lot of new and updated content. This new update brings in the brand new Kings Canyon that has suffered from an attack and beasts now roam the lands and skies of Kings Canyon.
Take on Daily and Weekly Challenges to score bonus Battle Pass XP and level up even faster. Read more here.
NEW CONTENT TYPES
Skydive emotes, music packs, and unique loading screens are now part of the rewards track.
MORE LEGENDARIES AND CRAFTING MATERIALS
Grab even more Legendary skins from the reward track and earn enough Crafting Materials to create a Legendary item of your choice.
Everyone who plays Apex Legends Season 2 can earn:
- Season 2 stat trackers for each Legend.
- Five Apex Packs.
- The Wattson Hot Rod skin.
KINGS CANYON CHANGES
The Leviathans have breached Kings Canyon and it’ll never be the same! Many areas have been affected by our new guests. Enjoy exploring the new changes!
NEW LEGEND: WATTSON
Wattson has entered the arena and is available for 750 Apex Coins or 12,000 Legend Tokens.
- PASSIVE: Spark of Genius
- Ultimate Accelerants fully charge Wattson’s ultimate. Standing near the Interception Pylon boosts Wattson’s tactical recharge rate.
- TACTICAL: Perimeter Security
- Create electrified fences by connecting nodes. Fences damage and slow enemies.
- ULTIMATE: Interception Pylon
- Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields [can place up to 3 Pylons at one time].
One thing we forgot to mention in the blog post: Players abandoning in Ranked will be penalized both with a matchmaking penalty, as well as have any potential RP gains zeroed out. On top of that, they will pay an additional penalty RP cost equal to their match entry cost. For example: if a Gold player gets 4 kills and would have finished top 5 but abandons his or her match on purpose, that player will get 0 RP for kills and placement, pay the 2 RP entry cost, and on top of that pay another 2 RP abandon penalty cost.
New Airdrop Weapon: L-STAR EMG [ watch it in action here ]
- Fires large high-damage plasma projectiles
- Will overheat if player fires for too long
- Comes with its own limited ammo supply
- Only available in Airdrops
New Hop-Up: Disruptor Rounds
- Increased damage to shielded targets.
- Compatibility: Alternator / RE-45
New Hop-Up: Hammerpoint Rounds
- Increased damage to unshielded targets.
- Compatibility: P2020, Mozambique.
New Attachments: Energy Mags
- Increases magazine capacity.
- Increases reload speed at rare and above.
- Compatibility: Havoc, Triple Take, Devotion.
- Reduced default mag sizes on compatible weapons.
Ammo Stack Sizes
- Shotgun max stack reduced from 64 to 16. Players now need multiple stacks of ammo to run a shotty.
- Energy max stack increased from 60 to 80; now matches Light/ Heavy ammo.
Rotated Gold Weapons
Airdrop Weapon Spawn Rates
- L-STAR added to airdrop weapon loot tables.
- Airdrop weapon spawn rates now change based on early/ mid/ late game. For example, early game will spawn more Krabers, end game will spawn more Mastiffs.
These are some of the new changes to the game. You can read the full list of changes by clicking the link below.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.