Valorant just released update 1.07 for the game which brought with it changes to agents such as Sage, Killjoy, Breach, and Viper. The update also nerfed all shotguns across the game along with many quality of life changes.
- Heal reduced from 100 over 5 seconds >>> 60 over 5 seconds
- Self heal reduced from 100 over 5 seconds >>> 60 over 10 seconds
- Size reduced by 30%
- Cost reduced from 400 >>> 300
- Fortifying Barrier: Wall forms at 400 HP—after a 3 second delay, the wall becomes fortified to 800 HP
Sage’s heal has been nerfed to do 40% less healing than its original value. this was by far Sage’s most useful ability and what made her the most popular agent in the game. In addition to that Slow orb is also now less powerful than before. How these changes affect the meta for the game going forward remains to be seen.
- Added a brief windup before damage begins
- DPS reduced from 60 >>> 40
- Visual effects have been added to make it easier to spot the grenade on the ground Stealth audio range has been slightly increased
- No longer revealed by Sova’s Recon Bolt
- More effectively shoots at an enemy’s last known location
Killjoy nanoswarm ability was also nerfed making it significantly less viable in the current meta especially in higher ranks where every second counts.
- Can now be placed during the buy phase of rounds, through spawn barriers
- Toxic Screen now goes up faster along it’s full length, once it starts to form
- Decay on all smoke abilities no longer affects allies
- The area of Viper’s Pit is now shown on her team’s minimap when deployed
Viper on the other hand has received a number of buffs. Although these can also be seen as quality of life changes as it makes her kit much more usable. These changes makes her more viable in a team composition.
- Off-screen flashes now match behavior of other flashes in the game and apply a minimum amount of flash more aggressively
- Charges increased from 2 >>> 3
- Reduced windup time from 0.6 seconds >>> 0.5 seconds
- Concuss now de-scopes players and prevents re-scoping
- Aimpunch update:- When getting headshot by a shotgun, the aimpunch will be lower than all the other weapons
- Tagging tuned for targets beyond 10 meters:- Hitting an enemy past 10 meters will apply a different tagging value to them instead of the standard tagging
- Updated headshot multiplier from 3x >>> 2x
- 1st falloff range reduced from 9m >>> 7m
- Price increased from 1500 >>> 1600
Shotguns will now deal less damage down the range. Headshot damage has also been reduced considerably. This change seems rather random as shotguns are still nowhere near the meta for the game.
- Increased firing rate from 9.25 >>> 9.75
- Increased damage from 39 >>> 40
According to the developers, ” The Goal is to bring the Vandal in closer competition with the Phantom. We believe these weapons aren’t that far off in competition and hope these changes will do that.“
Click here to participate in tournaments and catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports. While you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.