Nordic mythology action RPG Eternity: The Last Unicorn will launch for PlayStation 4 and PC on March 5 for $19.99 / €19.99, followed by Xbox One later in 2019, publisher 1C Entertainment and developer Void Studios announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via 1C Entertainment:
Eternity: The Last Unicorn revels in classic action-RPG mechanics, weaving a fantastical tale that’s steeped in Norse mythology and the struggles with immortality. Long ago, unicorns brought about immortality, yet now they are all but extinct, with one last cursed member still in existence. Aurehen of Alfheim is tasked with the weighty obligation of saving the waning immortality of her fellow elves before it fully evaporates, all the while lifting the curse on the last unicorn.
True to its old-school RPG roots, Eternity: The Last Unicorn embraces the fixed camera stylings of yore, offering players deep skill and weapon progression as they explore the land of Alfheim. Everything from the world’s gods and mythology, to its imposing creatures (Jotun and Fenrir and Gullveig, oh my!) is immersed in rich, Nordic folklore, making this the perfect excuse to brush up on your rune readings.
- Two playable characters: The young elf, Aurehen, and the Viking, Bior – each with a unique backstory and character abilities.
- Over 12 hours of deep action-RPG gameplay to explore.
- Fixed camera system reminiscent of old-school RPGs.
- Skill, weapon, and ability progression tied into exploration and character growth.
- An original soundtrack built to convey both the Nordic and fantastical themes of Eternity.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.