Hyper Light Drifter, the absolutely gorgeous 2D action RPG is making its way to iOS and has a very surprising feature that isn’t even available on PC yet.
Hyper Light Drifter will be playable on all iOS devices. The iPhone and iPad versions of the game will run at a buttery smooth 60fps while in a big surprise, the iPad Pro version will run at 120fps.
The PC Version originally released with the game running at a max of 30fps and the devs then had to “rework 155k lines of code” to get the game to run at 60fps. The fact that this isn’t available on PC yet with no word about whether or not it will be made available has left a sour taste in a lot of the PC players’ mouth.
The game also features controller support which is a must for this game and also has the amazing soundtrack that perfectly intertwines itself with the visuals and gameplay to give a rich, exciting and memorable experience. The full feature set is listed below.
● 120 fps gameplay on iPad Pro / 60 fps on iPhone and iPad.
● Compatible with MFi controllers.
● Game Center achievements.
● Haptic Vibration.
● From each character to subtle background elements, everything is lovingly hand-animated.
● Easy to pick up, difficult to master; enemies are vicious and numerous, hazards will easily crush your frail body, and friendly faces remain rare.
● Upgrade weapons, learn new skills, discover equipment and traverse a dark, detailed world with branching paths and secrets abound.
● Evocative soundtrack composed by Disasterpeace.
● All the content from the original game + more weapons, enemies and areas from the Special edition.
Link to the Apple App Store
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.