Developer Ovid Works has announced Metamorphosis, a first-person puzzle platformer about a man mysteriously transformed into a little bug, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. It will launch this fall.
Here is an overview of the game, which is inspired by Franz Kafka’s seminal short story The Metamorphosis, via its Steam page:
You awaken one morning to discover that you have been transformed into a tiny bug. This is rather inconvenient, as your friend Joseph is being arrested for reasons unknown and he can’t recognize you like this.
To save your friend Joseph and to find the answers you seek, you must embark on a perilous journey through a strange world which, like yourself, has turned twisted and unfamiliar.
What once seemed like mundane dwellings has become an expansive obstacle course, and you’ll have to leap, climb, and chart your path through the dingy nooks and crannies that exist within the cracks of civilization.
Metamorphosis is an extraordinary adventure through surrealist landscapes. Use your wits to unravel the truth and return to the life you once knew.
- First-person perspective from a bug makes you see the world in a whole new light.
- Challenging environmental puzzles that have you searching for clues, creating diversions, and overcoming obstacles.
- Rewarding exploration featuring unique movement mechanics that make full use of your tiny body and sticky limbs.
- A surreal story that players can influence, inspired by the curious imagination of Franz Kafka.
- Eccentric, colorful characters spanning the world of both humans and insects.
- A hand painted world that adds a layer of the fantastical to even the grittiest environments
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.