Dungeon crawling, rogue-like, deckbuilder Slay the Spire, which officially launched for PC in January after a little over a year of Early Access, is coming to PlayStation 4 on May 21, publisher Humble Bundle and developer Mega Crit Games announced.
A Switch version was announced back in August 2018 for release in early 2019, but it has yet to be formally dated.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
We fused card games and roguelikes together to make the best single player deckbuilder we could. Craft a unique deck, encounter bizarre creatures, discover relics of immense power, and Slay the Spire!
- Three core characters that each have their own unique set of cards. (With more planned.)
- 200-plus fully implemented cards.
- 50-plus unique combat encounters.
- 100-plus different items to be found.
- Procedurally generated levels.
- Tons of unlockables.
- Dynamic Deck Building: Choose your cards wisely! Discover hundreds of cards to add to your deck with each attempt at climbing the Spire. Select cards that work together to efficiently dispatch foes and reach the top.
- An Everchanging Spire: Whenever you embark on a journey up the Spire, the layout differs each time. Choose a risky or safe path, face different enemies, choose different cards, discover different relics, and even fight different bosses!
- Powerful Relics to Discover: Powerful items known as relics can be found throughout the Spire. The effects of these relics can greatly enhance your deck through powerful interactions. But beware, obtaining a relic may cost you more than just gold…
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.