Fortnite’s 6.31 update now allows users to gift each other in-game items that are available in the Fortnite Store.
Players have been requesting this feature for a very long time and can now finally gift their friends the items that they want. This feature is available on every platform that Fortnite is available on except iOS. The reason for this is as stated by Epic Games is, “gifting is not available on iOS devices because Apple’s policies prohibit it.” However since the game is available on so many different platforms, it shouldn’t be too difficult for iOS users to find a different way to send and receive gifts.
Follow the steps below to buy and send gifts:
- Go into the Item Shop and choose an item you want to gift.
- You will get two options: Purchase Items or Buy as A Gift. Choose Buy as A Gift.
- You will now get to choose who you want to send the gift the gift to and add a custom message if you’d like.
And it is that simple to send gifts to your friends. There are some things that you should keep in mind before you can send a gift to someone:
- Multifactor Authentication must be enabled.
- You must be friends with the person for a minimum of 48 hours(2 days).
- You can only gift three times in 24 hours.
- You can only gift items present in the Fortnite Item Store.
- Gifts cannot be refunded.
If you’re someone who doesn’t like to be gifted things then you can turn off the option to receive gifts by disabling them in the Account Settings. And that’s all you need to know about gifting, just in time for the Christmas season. Now spread some holiday cheer if you’d like and have fun.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.