Season 5 of Fortnite is finally out and boy oh boy, its filled to the brim with new features and changes. Some of the biggest inclusions are the addition of a new Vehicle called the ATK or All Terrain Kart that can be used by your squad and you to traverse across the map and, Rifts that you can step through to for a “wild ride”.
Here are the other additions to this season:
Rifts (Battle Royale)
Test your courage and step through a Rift. You’re in for a wild ride.
Challenge the Horde (Save the World)
Rally the squad and prepare for the ultimate challenge of survival and teamwork.
Wild West Heroes (Save the World)
Saddle up with the new Wild West Heroes, available during the Road Trip event.
Flintlock Weapons (Save the World)
Let the sparks fly! Fight off hordes of Husks with the new Flintlock Weapons set.
Here’s a bit of info about the updated map
- New Biome: Desert
- New Location: Paradise Palms
- New Location: Lazy Links
- A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across the island.
- Minimap Updated
- The center of Storm circles 7, 8, and 9 can now shift in random directions (instead of simply shrinking). As the storm closes in, it will move & shrink to the new location.
- Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will no longer be restricted to a single season. You can now complete progressive challenges at your own pace.
- Progressive challenges are now completed by acquiring a fixed amount of XP and is no longer dependant on your season level.
- Gyro/motion controls have been added to the Nintendo Switch. Adjust these options in the Settings menu.
- Weekly challenges are now split into two sections, free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass. The threshold to unlock the weekly challenge reward will remain at 4.
- Down But Not Out players now have smaller collision. Previously their collision was at the standing height which blocked DBNO players from crawling under doors and blocked building collision in some cases.
- Players that were crouching when knocked Down But Not Out will be returned to a crouching state upon revival.
- Emoting will now interrupt sprinting.
- You now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP).
- Weapon reticle will now fade slightly when reloading, out of ammo, or changing weapons.
- The player camera can now see out of the water when walking in lakes.
Want to read the complete patch notes? Head over to Fortnite’s site to read all about the biggest update yet.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the Gaming Monk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.