Mobile gaming is constantly reaching new horizons and developers are rolling out new games day after day with better graphics and creative gameplay which will soon rival other platforms out there. An average user can very rarely make the most out of these features due to a lack of knowledge about the various ways you can optimize your Android device to get the most out of those gaming sessions.
Whether you own a low-end smartphone or the best one that money can buy, there are always some settings you can play around with and tweak to get the best possible performance and visual performance from your video games.
So let’s get started:-
- Enable Developer Options – The first thing you have to do before you begin to tweak around the settings in your phone is to enable developer options on your Android phone.
To do this just follow the given instructions:-
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to find the About Phone option and open it
- Locate Build Number and tap on it multiple times(5-6)
- Open the newly appeared Developer Options and enable them.
- Enable 4x MSAA – For those of you out there who own higher-end devices, enabling this option will make your games look much prettier but it does come at the cost of a marginal reduction in the FPS and battery life.
This will force android to use multi-sample anti-aliasing in OpenGL ES 2.0 apps and games which is akin to force enabling anti-aliasing using you Nvidia Control panel on a PC.
To enable 4x MSAA follow these steps:-
- Go to Developer Options
- Look for 4x MSAA
- Turn it ON and you’re done
- Disable or uninstall apps you no longer use – One of the most notorious reasons for an underperforming phone is the presence of a lot of unnecessary apps that use up memory and the CPU in the background. Please ensure that you only have those apps installed that you actually need.
One good way to do this is to go to My Apps on the Play Store and sort the apps by last used and uninstall the ones which you have never used or don’t have use for anymore.
You can also disable apps that eat up a lot of resources while gaming and then enable them again after your gaming session ends.
- Use game boosting apps – Now this may sound counterintuitive but it isn’t, there is a wide variety of apps on the Play Store which can automatically monitor your resource usage and optimize your device accordingly so that your games run as smoothly as possible. These apps make temporary changes to the settings on your phone in order to maximize performance.
A few recommendations:-
- Gamers GLTool Free with Game Turbo & Game Tuner
Publisher: Trilokia Inc.
- Dr. Booster – Boost Game Speed
Publisher: Soocii Co. Ltd.
- Game Booster 4x Faster Free – GFX Tool Bug Lag Fix
Publisher: G19 Mobile
- Game Booster | Play Games Faster & Smoother
- Tweak your in-game settings – Most of us don’t fiddle around with the in-game settings a whole lot because usually games automatically detect the optimal settings for the device, but if you want better frame rates, you can try decreasing the graphics detail quality. All in all, you should experiment and see which settings work best for you.
Do try out these tips and let us know which one worked for you. Till then, happy gaming!