PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds Season 4 brought in the new Erangel and a lot of changes but that’s not all as the Update 4.2 adds a much-requested feature, Dynamic Weather, among other things.
Dynamic Weather added to Erangel
- ‘Overcast’ weather has been added to Erangel.
- When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
Destructible Objects on Erangel
- Additional destructible pylons and barricades have been added to Erangel. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
- Some existing objects which were previously indestructible are now destructible, such as the traffic cones in Mylta.
Vehicle Handling Improvements
- Improved vehicle handling of the Scooter, Snowmobile, Snowbike and Motorcycle with Sidecar, thus improving overall driving stability.
- Motorcycle with Sidecar off-road driving control and stability has been greatly improved.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing ‘Z’.
- The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
- Once the engine is off, pressing ‘W’ to accelerate or ‘Z’ will start the engine again.
- Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Sound QoL Improvements
- Added master volume preview
- The master volume can now be previewed while in the menu, to better allow users to set their preferred maximum volume level.
- This can be founder under Settings – Audio – Sound – Master volume and by clicking on the ‘play’ button.
- Added Instant Volume Reducer.
- This new feature temporary decreases the volume of games sound effects to facilitate more clear communication with teammates.
- Use ‘F7’ to reduce game master volume, while maintaining the volume of voice chat.
- Use ‘F7’ key again to return to the original volume.
Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.