Red Dead Redemption 2 Was Not The Fastest Selling Game Of 2018

Red Dead Redemption 2 has clearly become Rockstar’s biggest hit but is not the fastest selling game of 2018. A little weird when you think about it but let’s take a deeper look.

While Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second fastest game this year, the top spot is held by FIFA 19. It makes sense since people of ages play FIFA 19 while a lot of teenagers could miss out on RDR 2 because their parents might stop them from getting it. Another reason for this is because RDR2 is only available on two current gen devices while FIFA 19 is available on almost every platform, including last gen ones.

According to GfK UK charts, which include only boxed physical sales, 68% sales come from PlayStation users with the remaining 32% coming from Xbox users. However, if we were to add digital sales to this mix, the numbers would be much higher but until we get an official report we can only speculate. GTA V sold 2 million copies in its first week, something that Red Dead Redemption 2 couldn’t beat.

Source: GamesIndustry

Looking for more news? Click here to catch up with the latest in the world of videogames and eSports and while you’re at it, why not become a member of the GamingMonk community to partake in discussions, tournaments and so much more.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *